- Sopa De Ajo may be one of my favorite dishes out there. I love ANY kind of soup. I LOVE any garlic dish. Putting them both together? Pure bliss for my taste buds. This awesome rustic soup is as diverse as the Spaniards who pioneered the soup, with about as many ways to make it as you could possibly imagine. My version of the soup is a variant of Chef John (from Food Wishes)’s take on the dish.
As stated in the video I regrettably went with a pre-chopped jarred garlic over slicing whole garlic myself. This resulted in a less bold and robust garlic flavor, so do as I say and not as I do and go with the whole stuff.
- About 3 cups of bread cut into approximately 1″ cubes
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil + some to drizzle on bread
- 8-12 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 Cups Chicken or Vegetable stock
- 1 Egg
- Salt, to taste